Username Post: Looking for a mentor
Soldat of Life 
Attendee
Soldat of Life
Loc: Quebec (Qc)
Reg: 04-05-12
05-16-13 12:01 PM - Post#12452    

Dear veteran convention runners from nearby and faraway,

I am interested to have a long distance (and occasionally meeting by going to meet you, mostly during summer time) exchange to further gain a deeper understanding about running a convention/festival.

Festival Nadeshicon 2013 just ended with a very positive outlook, more-so with the event finally breaking its first thousand festival goers for an edition (already working on 2014!). I am the co-founder of the event and have held various positions, including president, vice-president, in charge of guests and cultural activities, in charge of contacting media and many others (I'm amateurish at best, though I did get a few nice interviews with CBC Radio One). I also held just about every position the student association that helped create Nadeshicon from 2008-2011. I am also staff as guest-liaison at Otakuthon in Montreal and will be assisting Irulanne at Anime North Idol to learn more about this type of activity to create a collaboration with her at Nadeshicon. And many other things...In short, I want to know about all aspects so I don't neglect any, whatever position I will be holding.

The guests of honor of our 2013 edition, Tiffany Grant and Matt Greenfield, shared great things about Patrick D. and Anime Boston, though I am guessing that he might be overwhelmed for the time being. I can wait though if ever he is interested. In the Tales of Con Horror panel given by Matt and Tiffany, a few conventions were named, but they really liked AB. Well, AB was mentioned near the end, but only because I asked if they had positive stories to tell to make a contrast after their...goat...story...which cannot be unheard.

So what I ask is this :

Would someone be willing to share with me their vast knowledge about conventions and assist me with tips, tricks and any other means so that I can further become a good organizer of events such as yourselves?

May Japanese culture continue to flourish and create content worthy to wonder everyone, young and old.

--
Maxime Girard
An avid and passionate person interested to learn all about conventions, festivals and anything having to do with Japanese culture.
maxime.girard.5@gmail.com
LinkedIn
Facebook
Nadeshicon
Nadeshicon Facebook Page
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.121 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:51 AM