Username Post: Syfy's Heroes of Cosplay
Shiva 
Cosplay Addict
Shiva
Loc: New England
Reg: 04-01-09
08-26-13 09:58 PM - Post#12718    
    In response to EllyStar

@ Elly-Star: Yeah, I realize they had much less to do with it after I wrote the post, but the rest of my opinion stands. No idea on us watching different shows, but we'll have to chat more about this next time we hang out.

@ Doug - I just read the photography article - another interesting angle. This is pretty poor homework on the part of NBC/Syfy - i'm sure they have a top-notch legal team but I have a hard time seeing how they can wiggle out of this. Photographers get jacked a lot on the cosplay scene; I think this is a great opportunity for them to impress their right to credit and certainly compensation.

My biggest beef with this show is how inherently LAZY it is; its so shallow and fake and makes the entire hobby look like the ridiculous pursuit the rest of the world thinks it is when there is enough real drama in cosplay to fill an entire season if they gave a crap enough about the scene to try at and capture it at ALL. This complete negligence on the show's part is just another aspect of this.

Facebook Page *~ Cosplay Website *~ Music Videos ~*

Edited by Shiva on 08-26-13 10:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.158 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:42 AM