Username Post: Responding to Emails
TheNerdyAgent 

Reg: 01-10-18
01-24-18 10:39 AM - Post#15602    
    In response to VinceA

Then don't post your email - or simply write above the email "does not reply to unsolicited emails." If your email is posted on your website then aren't ALL emails received "unsolicited?" That logic makes no sense. Someone has to send the first email. Either you contact guests in an unsolicited manner or guests contact you in an unsolicited manner.

Guests get dozens of unsolicited emails from conventions all the time - but since my email is posted publicly I always reply. I am also not a millennial - and they seem to be running conventions, which means a different culture of communication.

Celebrity guests should not be ignored. If you don't want unsolicited emails, then why bother posting your email on your main webpage? MANY conventions say flat out that they will not reply to guest requests. Therefor, it is clear to the agent and celebrity that cold emails are not welcomed. But to just post an email for your guest liaison and then ignore emails is beyond unprofessional.

Edited by TheNerdyAgent on 01-24-18 10:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.021 seconds.   Total Queries: 16  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:24 PM