Username Post: Convention Game Shows
Crazy Packers Fan 
Crazy Packers Fan
Reg: 07-18-08
03-05-11 08:21 PM - Post#8479    
    In response to A x e l - F

Greggo's game shows are second to none. I've only been able to go to one convention with his shows, but they were amazing. The thing that makes them so good is their production quality, he makes sure to get everything right, while what you see on the screen and hear is exactly like the original game show. And he always picks shows that are excellent for the audience to follow along - that's such a big key.

I've tried doing some shows, at smaller cons, and trying to go different as not to compete with anyone else. For example, a group of people in the Ohio area do Millionaire, so I made sure not to do that for Colossalcon.

My most successful, and probably very hard to ever duplicate again, was Bleach Survivor. I got 8 Bleach cosplayers to do different challenges in order to win prizes ("reward") and immunity. They'd then vote each other out like the show, and I had torches for them. All the players loved it and got into the game. (With Bleach's popularity waning, I don't foresee getting that many cosplayers of a single series together again. Hetalia, maybe?)

I've also done a couple for tiny Erie Anime Experience, which otherwise wouldn't have anything. The Millionaire format worked well because each question meant a different amount of money - Jeopardy not so much because I didn't have lockout buzzers. I plan on revamping that game - I know it can work if done properly.

The biggest problem with most convention game shows is that they have the idea that it's all about making people answer the most ridiculously hard questions ever. That usually leads to no one in the room knowing the answers and everyone getting them wrong. Then no one enjoys it except the game creators.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.079 seconds.   Total Queries: 17  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:20 PM