Username Post: Tech info Before a Convention        (Topic#3597)
Movie Phone Guy 
Con Regular
Movie Phone Guy
Loc: Maine
Reg: 01-09-07

07-01-16 06:49 PM - Post#15080    

Hi Everyone! So I run the tech staff at a small convention in Maine. In an effort to try and help out our panel hosts, I've written a small tech policy with some quick answers and advice on running an event at our convention. Would you mind taking a look? Please let me know what you think.

http://portconmaine.com/site/index.php/convention-informatio n/tech-policy/
PortConMaine TechOps Chair 2006 -2011
PortConMaine Event Support Chair 2012-2015
Owner of a pretty good Alfredo recipe
Sometimes Patrick plays my Voicemails.

Nigoki 
Obsessed with robots
Nigoki
Reg: 02-25-09

07-05-16 06:13 PM - Post#15086    
    In response to Movie Phone Guy

::cracks knuckles:: Let's take a look.

-Internet
Honestly, I think you're trying too hard to be fun here. Just state that it's not available due to high demand.

-"Bringing your own Laptop, Tablet, etc?"
First off, that title is not a question. Either make it one or remove the question mark.
Second, I'd remove "We’d love to help give you the best experience possible when you run your event." The sentiment is nice but when giving attendees info, keep it as straightforward as possible so it's less to read. If you must put it on the page, you can do a reminder to feel free to contact you at the end of the page.

-"Connecting your audio sources"
This section is fine. I'd maybe add something like "if you are concerned about audio coming out too quietly, the staff in the room will help you in adjusting the volume through our equipment"

-"What’s in a panel Room?"
I'd avoid saying "up to 4 microphones" I'm circumstances like this, spell out the bare minimum. That way if the panelist isn't surprised if they're expecting 4 microphones and only gets 2. On the flip side, no one is going to be upset if they get more than expected.
I'd also add links/photos for VGA, RCA, and 3.5mm audio jack. You might be surprised how many people don't know their connectors by name, only appearance.

Finally, if you aren't doing so already, coordinate with your programming team to make sure when panelists get an acceptance email, a link to this page is included.
-Doug Wilder
Resident Mecha fanboy of AnimeCons TV!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.142 seconds.   Total Queries: 24  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:23 AM