Username Post: What's the biggest convention you've ever been to?        (Topic#4067)
KoPilotKoko 

Loc: Massachusetts
Reg: 07-28-19

07-28-19 05:38 PM - Post#15967    

My convention experience has been relatively small since I've moved to the east coast, and I've always wanted to go to one that's got the biggest crowd I'll ever see. Anime Boston usually caps off at about 15k people, which still gives some elbow room.

But the time I went to PAX East was incredible. I felt like there was more to do there than any of the attendees could even finish. We went to a lot of playtest panels for D&D 5th edition and got to try a bunch of tabletop games as well. I think that was the first year I tried Cardfight Vanguard.

I'm super interested in reading about anyone's experience with overseas anime conventions as well. Most of the big ones are way bigger than anime expo, or so I've heard.

CardcaptorKitty 
CardcaptorKitty
Loc: Maryland
Reg: 08-06-11

07-29-19 12:42 AM - Post#15968    
    In response to KoPilotKoko

Otakon is the biggest convention I have been to... in the States, at least.

Otherwise PAX Aus was the biggest convention I attended while I was in Australia. I have no idea what their attendance numbers are, but I definitely felt the most claustrophobic there, especially when we went on Saturday.

Ironically, PAX Aus was also my favorite convention during my time in Australia. The reason why I thought it was ironic was because it has American roots (i.e. PAX originally started in the States). It ran until late at night and had lots of stuff to do.

I felt like other conventions I attended there ended far too early and I am used to my conventions lasting until the wee hours of the morning with tons of stuff going on (ex. Otakon/Katsucon), or just simply running non stop (ex. MAGfest). It's not a bad thing, just a preference. I found myself missing those kinds of cons while I was there. Like once dinner hours end, I'm ready to get the party started for night time, and instead I found that at the Australia cons, everyone's packing up and ready to go home.
CardcaptorKitty's MyAnimeList | CardcaptorKitty's Anime-Planet | CardcaptorKitty's aniDB

KoPilotKoko 

Loc: Massachusetts
Reg: 07-28-19

08-02-19 03:48 PM - Post#15985    
    In response to CardcaptorKitty

I knew I had read it somewhere, and I found the resource again. It seems Japanese conventions really are leagues ahead. I really want to go!! And I really agree about ending early. I like the con to be a little bit a part of my nightlife when I go out for a weekend, you know? anyway this is the link I was talking about
https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/biggest-anim e-events

The ones I want to go to the most are Comiket (hopefully summer so I don't have to bring more clothes) and AnimeJapan. I'd love to be there for the announcement of some big new show.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.108 seconds.   Total Queries: 24  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:16 PM