Username Post: Guests you would drop everything to see        (Topic#1034)
EllyStar 
New England Con Whore
EllyStar
Loc: Massachusetts
Reg: 06-24-07

02-09-09 12:11 PM - Post#3595    

Are there any guests you would do anything to see? For example, a con you don't plan to go to is in two months, then they announce a guest you are dying to see. What would you do to see them? How far would you go to see them? I imagine most of these are going to be Japanese guests.

There are a few JPop artists I would try my hardest to see, including Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, Utada Hikaru, Mika Nakashima, and Koda Kumi. But I would probably make my hardest attempt to go to a con with Olivia and Anna Tsuchiya performing songs together from the Nana anime series. I love those songs.

Being a huge Final Fantasy freak, I would love to be able to see Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, or Yoshitako Amano.

Finally, definitely not anime, but I would love to see David Tennant at a con and would probably make it work to go to a con where he is appearing.
Elizabeth: Website and Podcast Writer
My Conventions

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

02-09-09 01:13 PM - Post#3598    
    In response to EllyStar

Yoko Kanno or Yuki Kajiura would be strong draws for me to go to a con.

Outside the anime world, there are even more...some of whom many of you probably haven't even heard of. Woz, Felicia Day, Joss Whedon, Hybrid, Alex Albrecht...
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

The History Follower 
Con Addict
The History Follower
Loc: WV
Reg: 01-02-07

02-09-09 04:10 PM - Post#3602    
    In response to PatrickD

I wasn't planning on going back to A&G Ohio this year until the announced Steve Blum. Now I must go and pity those who stand in my way. Well maybe not pity so much.

Fedora 
Con Regular
Fedora
Loc: Suffolk UK & NH USA
Reg: 12-22-06

02-10-09 06:46 AM - Post#3607    
    In response to EllyStar

• stardust462 Said:

Finally, definitely not anime, but I would love to see David Tennant at a con and would probably make it work to go to a con where he is appearing.

David Tennant might start doing cons once his contract with the BBC is up. David Tennant and John Barrowman are bared from doing conventions becouse of their contracts with the BBC.

Since I have lived in the UK have made a point of meeting as many of the actors that have played the doctor as possible.

I have met

Sylvester McCoy
Colin Baker
Peter Davison
Tom Baker

Colin Baker was by far the best one to meet. He is a wonderfull guy and loves to meet people. I actualy got to have dinner with him after the May 07 London Expo.
James Fedora
Cosplay Media and US/UK Medic

Staff Anime Boston 03,06,07,08,09
Chief of Security Connecticon 03
Co founder of Anime South
Offcial Videographer London Cosplay Ball 08
Jack of All Trades & Medic Kitacon UK 09

www.otakupunch.com
Facebook- Otaku Punch Pictures & Media

SuperGeekGirl 
Con Regular
SuperGeekGirl
Loc: St. Louis, MO
Reg: 01-25-09

02-16-09 12:22 PM - Post#3641    
    In response to Fedora

I have a long list of amazing guests I would drop anything to see (at the top of that list is Nanae Chrono), but as I've just gotten done with Kawa Kon, I realize that I was willing to put myself in debt just to get Cam Clarke there (I didn't end up having to put myself in debt, but I would have). With the man in front of me going all Liquid Snake... I fangirled even as a the con chair. Of course, I kind of waited to have my fangirl moment with him until after Closing Ceremonies on Sunday, but it happened.
Con Chair- Kawa Kon http://kawakon.com
Bishie Con http://bishiecon.com
Attending in 2010: EvilleCon, Naka-Kon, Kawa Kon, Steamposium, Costume-Con, Cape Comic Con, Marcon, OMGcon, NatsuCon, AnimeIowa, Archon, Motaku, Bishie Con, and maybe MTAC

Simon Young 
Con Regular

Loc: Portland, OR
Reg: 07-13-07

06-01-09 03:49 PM - Post#4600    
    In response to SuperGeekGirl

Jackie Chan

Mark Dacascos (Iron Chef Chairman)

Frank Wu (author of Yellow)

Jeff Yang (Editor of Secret Identities)
www.myspace.com/theslants
www.youtube.com/slantsvideos
www.theslants.com
www.laststoptokyo.com

Shiva 
Cosplay Addict
Shiva
Loc: New England
Reg: 04-01-09

06-03-09 01:18 PM - Post#4622    
    In response to Simon Young

Patrick Stewart, the Dalai Lama, Conan O'Brian, and Bill Clinton. That's about it.
Facebook Page *~ Cosplay Website *~ Music Videos ~*

Purity-san 
Con Regular
Purity-san
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Reg: 02-13-07

06-03-09 09:23 PM - Post#4627    
    In response to Shiva

Anime/Video Game/Japan Related: Vic Mignogna. Greg and Chris Ayres. Chris Patton. Nabeshin. Vincent Corazza. Caitlin Glass. Wendy Powell. Any body and anything from Square.

NonAnimeRelated: Oilver and James Phelps. Alan Rickman. Daniel Radcliff. Bonnie Wright. Gary Oldman.

Uh. The list is long. XD
View My Convention History
:NINJAWUB: the Shadow Followers: http://tinyurl.com/JMTfans
The ONE and ONLY (and official) J. Michael Tatum Fan Club.

Kitsoru 
Kitsoru
Loc: Central MA (home)/Chicago...
Reg: 06-14-09

06-14-09 04:15 PM - Post#4687    
    In response to Purity-san

AX keeps getting guests every year that I would love to drop everything to see, but for several reasons (such as being on the opposite coast, AX being right before Comiccon, no $$) cannot.

Seki Toshihiko last year and this year Daisuke Ishiwatari, come to mind immediately... I am SO upset I can't go to AX this year and see him!

Aside from those two, Chuck Huber and Scott McNeil. :D I haven't heard of Scoots being at any con aside from BotCon for a long time, makes me sad.
EDIT: scratch that, Wingboy voice actors 1-4 at Metrocon this year... sigh. :( At least I met Mark Hildreth this year already.

On the non-anime side, Brent Spiner- and gotta agree on Conan, Shiva! ;) (I went to school with a cousin-something-removed of his, haha)
Costumes in progress:
Kokonoe - Blazblue (65%)
Hilde Schbieker - Gundam Wing (35%)

Next stop:
ACEN '10

Edited by Kitsoru on 06-14-09 04:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Natchan84 
Attendee
Natchan84
Loc: St.George Utah
Reg: 10-22-09

10-23-09 01:50 PM - Post#5612    
    In response to Kitsoru

I would drop everything to see:

VAs:
Victoria Harwood, Joji Nakata, Yoshiko Sakakibara

Bands: Versailles, D, Deluhi, L'Arc-en-ciel

Artists: Yoshitaka Amano, Tetsuya (forgets last name), Matsuri Hino, CLAMP
http://anime-fannatiku.livejournal.com/
http://myspace.com/animefannatiku
www.animefannatiku.com

rednecko 
Con Regular

Loc: Rednecksville, USA
Reg: 01-02-07

10-23-09 02:22 PM - Post#5616    
    In response to Natchan84

Yoko Kanno, Hideaki Anno, mamoru Oshii and Go Nagai are my dream guests that I would go anywhere for. They probably would never come to a US Con again, but one can dream.

LadyHawke78 
AnimeCons Staff
LadyHawke78
Loc: PA
Reg: 12-20-06

11-19-09 04:14 PM - Post#5896    
    In response to rednecko

• In reply to:
Go Nagai
Nobuo Uematsu
Yoko Kanno
Felicia Day
Joss Whedon

OH GOD YEEESSSSS. To All of These. Yes.

On the anime side, I would drop EVERYTHING and fly to a con if Hiromu Arakawa (mangaka, creator of Fullmetal Alchemist...) would ever appear at a stateside con.

Also, from a non-anime perspective, I nearly flew to New Mexico for SWACE last year because Ralph Bakshi was a guest. (OMG OMG OMG. RALPH BAKSHI!!) I also seriously regretted not going to DragonCon the year they had John Rhys-Davies and a few other actors from LOTR down there.

Oh, and Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelecki from Supernatural. Man, what I'd do to be in the presence of those two men...

@Shiva: LOLing very hard at the thought of Bill Clinton at a scifi/anime con... HEEEEEY BABY!!! (Lol!)

madhattr999 

Reg: 02-15-10

02-15-10 03:15 PM - Post#6532    
    In response to LadyHawke78

Aya Hirano. Unless I already had spent money on other plans, I would fly pretty much anywhere in North America.

A x e l - F 
Con Addict
A x e l - F
Loc: So. Utah
Reg: 07-08-09

02-17-10 01:08 PM - Post#6546    
    In response to madhattr999

I can't believe I never posted in this:

Vic Mignogna
Testuya Nomura-Sensei
Nobuo Uematsu-Sensei
The Yoshida Brothers

*Yes, I found myself always adding Sensei to their last names because they are so epic like that. x_x It's become a habit.
A x e l - F
Public Relations
Anime SG // Anime Bonanza

madhattr999 

Reg: 02-15-10

02-17-10 01:31 PM - Post#6547    
    In response to A x e l - F

Vic and the Yoshida Brothers will be at Otakon this year if you didn't know

I went to Otakon the last two years, but unfortunately, it conflicts with one of my vacations this year

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD

02-17-10 09:57 PM - Post#6550    
    In response to A x e l - F

Vic goes to a bazillion conventions a year. You'd really go out of your way to go see him?
-PatrickD

A x e l - F 
Con Addict
A x e l - F
Loc: So. Utah
Reg: 07-08-09

02-18-10 01:28 PM - Post#6557    
    In response to madhattr999

Yeah I know. I have AnimeCons on my twitter so I always know who is at where. Sadly I'm suck in my own little corner of the west states so I'm only able to make it to about two or three cons a year that are in the area (one being my own).

Patrick:
How about this? I would go out of my way to have him as a guest. That is my goal someday, we just need the funds to be able to get him out here.
A x e l - F
Public Relations
Anime SG // Anime Bonanza

INVEESABLE 
Attendee
INVEESABLE
Loc: Houston area
Reg: 01-29-10

02-22-10 04:57 PM - Post#6575    
    In response to EllyStar

I would drop anything to see Ken Narita. He's the voice of Inuyasha's Sesshoumaru <3
nom nom nom >:B

akiodie 

Reg: 05-14-10

05-14-10 02:32 PM - Post#7027    
    In response to INVEESABLE

this is a personal favorite but I went to a Khari Walgreen panel at AX last year and loved it... so I would seeing one of her panels again...

some guy 
Attendee

Reg: 07-27-10

07-31-10 11:30 PM - Post#7465    
    In response to akiodie

jim cummings. I'd pay $1,000 just to get into the building if jim cummings was there.

K2theninja 
Attendee
K2theninja
Loc: Helena MT
Reg: 01-19-11

01-24-11 10:09 AM - Post#8217    
    In response to EllyStar

For me, I'd drop everything to see Kate Higgins at a Con, and be very, very tempted to drop everything to see Mela Lee at a Con as well (especially if her band was there as musical guests). Yoko Kanno would also make it on my list. Aside from the non-anime VA guests, and the Japanese VA's, I have been pretty lucky to have attended Cons with many of the other VA's listed (Vic, Chuck, Wendy)I even got to see Bill Clinton in my hometown during a 'stump' speech for Hilary (before Obama won the election).
Industrial Liaison Lead for MT anime conventions 2011

Sugoku Con Cosplay Picnic 2011 (Canceled; Prepping for full Con in '12')
Nagu Con (August 19-21?)
Electrycon (Canceled)

Fuzzy 
Con Regular
Fuzzy
Loc: Orlando
Reg: 12-07-07

01-29-11 12:09 PM - Post#8257    
    In response to EllyStar

Shiro Masamune
Shoji Kawamori
Yokko Kano
True wisdom comes from knowing that you know nothing
-Socrates

Thats US DUDE!!
-Ted 'Theodore' Logan

Anonymous 

03-17-11 01:55 AM - Post#8539    
    In response to INVEESABLE

vocaloid miku^_^

MeiChama 
MeiChama
Loc: On Earth~
Reg: 05-23-11

05-23-11 12:52 PM - Post#8963    
    In response to konanaly

Todd Haberkorn and Brianne Siddall. I love Todd greatly, and Brianne played one of my favourite characters in Xenosaga. <3

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD

05-23-11 02:23 PM - Post#8964    
    In response to MeiChama

• MeiChama Said:
Todd Haberkorn and Brianne Siddall. I love Todd greatly, ...

I moderated Todd's first panel at his first convention in 2008. It was in a small panel room, poorly attended, and the audience had hardly any questions. I tried to keep the discussion lively and asked plenty as the moderator, but we still ended up ending early.

Now he's hugely popular and people flock to his panels. How times have changed!
-PatrickD

Shiggitay 

Loc: Watertown, MA
Reg: 09-18-11

09-18-11 09:09 AM - Post#9576    
    In response to PatrickD

Hey all! I'm new here, but not to new animé! What's going on? ^.^

Guests I'd DIE to see or be in the presence of:

Kugimiya Rie (Shana from Shakugan no Shana and Taiga from Toradora among other characters)

Hirano Aya (Haruhi / Konata and many others)

Koda Kumi (Jpop singer)

Do As Infinity (awesome JPop band that disbanded but recently got back together and they're still awesome)

Hatsune Miku (I'm so pissed I couldn't go to AX this year... Bah. lol)

I know that this wasn't part of the main thread idea, but:

Guests I've seen before that are damn cool:

Cristina Vee (I usually don't go ga-ga for English voice actors, but she's damn good. One of the few exceptions. I could have had a pic taken with her at NYAF last year... Yeah... if my phone wouldn't have died.... -.-;; Here's to hoping she shows up at NYAF again this year as a last minute guest.. I'll make it a point to get a pic taken with her, if my life depends on it lolz)

Yuki Kajiura (She was at Animé Boston 2009 with her girl group Kalafina, though I couldn't see her other than from a distance during the Kalafina concert.)

Utada Hikaru (I attended her Boston stop of the In The Flesh tour in 2010. It was epic. I was in awe that I actually attended it for days after.)

That's what my contribution. heh.

Kogoruhn 
Kogoruhn
Loc: San Luis Obispo
Reg: 05-04-11

01-14-12 01:38 AM - Post#10071    
    In response to Shiggitay

I was at FanimeCon '08 when I was able to get signatures from Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Hiroyuki Yamaga, Takami Akai, Toshio Okada and Yasuhiro Takeda on the sleeve for my Daicon III/IV Laserdisc. I would DROP EVERYTHING to get a signature from Hideaki Anno on it.

In the category of guests who I have seen:

Mamoru Yokota: BEST AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS EVER. He was the last person on the schedule for the autographh room (7-8pm) on Saturday but he did FULL SKETCHES for every person in line and kept at it until 4am. I was literally blown away at what he did at that autograph session and will continue to support conventions he attends even if he stops doing sketches for everyone.

Edited by Kogoruhn on 01-14-12 01:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vrmlbasic 
Con Regular

Reg: 02-23-12

02-23-12 12:29 AM - Post#10327    
    In response to Kogoruhn

Matt Greefield (Have met, and was awesome. Totally worth it to every anime fan. Meeting Greenfield is something every anime fan should be obligated to do. Just don't ask him to sign your FMA, that poor kid was excoriated)
Stephen Foster
David Williams

The rest of the legendary English VAs who don't really do conventions, examples being: Hilary Haag, Andy McAvin, Shelley Calene-Black (or Manison, her "double"), Christine Auten, Ilich Guardiola, David "Orphen" Matranga.

For Japanese guests it's too awkward to be any real fun. Been there, done that. Especially if the questions have to be submitted and approved in advance, like a press conference

Edited by vrmlbasic on 02-23-12 12:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedLionLord 

Reg: 09-07-12

09-07-12 04:10 PM - Post#11432    
    In response to EllyStar

Mariko Suzuki and/or Bridget Hoffman.

How bad would I want to see them? If I had to choose between canceling my trip to go to Tokyo for my Kyudo examination or miss seeing them, I would cancel my trip to Tokyo.

Edited by RedLionLord on 09-07-12 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

day 

Reg: 10-29-12

11-22-12 11:34 AM - Post#11634    
    In response to RedLionLord

Willow Johnson, Liam O'Brien, Dan Woren. And a bunch of others but those are my top three.

Scarlet 
Attendee
Scarlet
Reg: 01-30-13

05-06-13 01:30 PM - Post#12401    
    In response to day

John Barrowman
Lea Salonga (a few times actually, luckily they were all local! lol)
Megumi Hayashibara
Mitsuishi Kotono
Pizzicato Five
Masami Okui
Megumi Ogata
Scarlet Rhapsody
www.scarlet-rhapsody.com

miezen 
miezen
Reg: 07-11-11

05-27-13 01:47 AM - Post#12475    
    In response to EllyStar

Yoshitoshi aBe. It forever pains me that he went to Anime Central a year or two before I started going. He's the director of my favorite anime of all time. ;~;

I'd also absolutely kill to see any of the Showa 24 group, Kaori Yuki, Crystal Kay, or...well. Quite a few other seiyuu, directors, and creators.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.438 seconds.   Total Queries: 92  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:23 PM