Username Post: FanimeCon 2012 Gaming Hall        (Topic#2522)
Sorawarrudesuka 
Sorawarrudesuka
Reg: 01-26-12

01-26-12 08:41 PM - Post#10131    

^_^v Oh hi everyone! This is Sara, your Gaming Manager this year for FanimeCon 2012! Do you like games? Do you like playing games with friends? Do you like being surrounded by all things game? FanimeCon's Gaming Hall wants YOU to come and staff with us! The Gaming Hall is all about games and sharing those games you are passionate for. For those who aren’t sure what their skills are, we can find a place for you. We gamers work head-on from basic written skills to customer service to computer technology (such as managing tournament programs), and are always on the lookout for those who have a great work ethic and can follow simple instructions while being able to work with a team of experienced gamers Anyone can join us: your skills are wanted here.

Where can I staff?
The Gaming Hall has three departments: Arcade, E-Gaming (Console and PC), and Tabletop/Social Gaming.

Why should I staff for you?
We are open 24 hours a day starting from Thursday evening and run continuously until Monday afternoon providing non-stop gaming action. You have the personal responsibility of an area just for games and potentially manage your own tournament (excluding Arcade).

What do I need to staff?
FanimeCon requires that all staff work at least 24 hours of work over the duration of the convention. Shifts vary from morning to graveyard, so we cater to everyone’s sleeping schedules as much as we can. All Gaming Departments require all staff to be at least 18 at the time of the convention. Previous convention experience is always a plus!

What am I going to be doing?
• All: Customer service skills, teamwork, positive and professional attitude, love of games, moderating department and surrounding areas
• E-Gaming: Bringing in personal hardware to share (strict inventory taken pre and post-con), checking out games, help and/or create tournaments (SSMM, SF, MVC, etc), computer skills
• Tabletop: Checking out games, help and/or create tournaments, setting up and/or moderating special group game events
• Arcade: Contacting arcade supply company for cabinet malfunctions or change machine refills

What do I get for working for you?
• Convention experience first-hand from veteran staff
• Discounted hotel room rate
• Free entry into badged areas such as Dealers, Artist Alley, Video Rooms, etc

How do I sign up?
Come to one of our meetings! FanimeCon is held in San Jose, CA during Memorial Day Weekend, 5/25/2012-2/28/2012. Contact egaming@fanime.com, tabletop@fanime.com, and/or arcade@fanime.com for more information, and we’ll set you up to work with one of the best departments at con!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.117 seconds.   Total Queries: 30  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:00 PM