Username Post: Event cancellation at Anime Matsuri        (Topic#268)
PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

04-26-07 11:42 PM - Post#903    

Whose Line is it Anime has been cancelled at Anime Matsuri.

Last fall, Anime Matsuri invited me to host Whose Line is it Anime (before I renamed it to "Anime Unscripted") at their convention. Since I live in Boston, I agreed I would do so if they covered my travel expenses. I didn't hear back.

Later, I looked at their web site and discovered that they had Whose Line listed on their web site and said that it was being run by The Chibi Project (my web site). I e-mailed them, but didn't hear back. After posting on their forums and e-mailing again, I finally heard back that yes, they would cover my travel. I replied, offering to run other panels, but didn't hear back.

Later, I e-mailed asking for travel details, or at least what day I would be arriving/departing so that I could book my hotel room for the appropriate nights. After a second e-mail (since the first got no reply), I was told that I would be arriving Thursday and departing Monday. I booked my hotel for the necessary nights and the final bill would come to over $600 for the weekend.

This was in mid-March...and was also the last time I ever heard from anyone at the convention. I had e-mailed multiple times since then requesting flight information, but never received it. Monday, after returning from Anime Boston, I let them know that if I didn't hear back by noon Tuesday, I would have no choice but to cancel my hotel...since I didn't want to get charged for it if I'm not actually going.

I still never heard back. I cancelled my hotel reservation on Tuesday night.

I was looking forward to visiting Texas for the first time and entertaining everyone. It's too bad I have no way to get there. I hope everyone who goes to the convention enjoys the other programming, but I found my experience in dealing with their staff to be quite frustrating.

If anyone had their hopes set on seeing Whose Line is it Anime, my sincere apologies.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons TV (Video)

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.072 seconds.   Total Queries: 24  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:21 PM