Username Post: Todd Haberkorn at Ruronikon/Chibikon        (Topic#2855)
PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

03-10-13 10:57 PM - Post#12132    

https://www.facebook.com/todd.haberkorn.7/posts/10200367702690635
  • Todd Haberkorn Said:
Thinking about being a guest at Ruronikon/Chibikon in Weslaco, Tx? Make sure its with Juan M. Lopez (Johnny Zamora). He promises to bring you out and treat you as any other con would: professionally and courteous.

Reality? He'll ensure the exact opposite happens. Smile!...(pitch fork in hand along with a torch), he will make false promises, be non-existent at the event, and unreachable by any means of communication.

And guess what? You'll both agree to a professional arrangement in which you'll do what you said you'd do and to ease your burden of having to be satisfied, he won't! After all, he has 0% of your best interest in mind 100% of the time.

So if you like, lying, stress, immaturity, and unprofessionalism, Juan M. Lopez/Johnny Zamora is your guy.

Spread the word! He's taken advantage of other people involved with the con as well. Costing folks thousands! Who needs pesky money anyway? Spend your time doing anything else- watching Golden Girls in HD, perfecting your swallowing sword trick, or napping with hissing cockroaches.

Go to the con if you think life is going a little to splendidly and you need to lose a few years of life expectancy.

I'm not trying to start drama, I'm trying to end incompetence. Have a good day...and a dessert.

Oh, uh- allegedly. None of these statements have been tested in a lab, just through firsthand experience.

Wow. No words...just wow!
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Nigoki 
Obsessed with robots
Nigoki
Reg: 02-25-09

03-11-13 01:41 AM - Post#12133    
    In response to PatrickD

It always amazes me when a staff will think they can get away with treating a guest like nothing more than a commodity. Even the difficult people are still human beings!

And, as Todd just demonstrated, guests do talk about their experiences. They might not as public with bad times as he did, but they definitely talk to each other.

To call the guy out so publicly, I can only imagine how bad this stuff must've been.
-Doug Wilder
Resident Mecha fanboy of AnimeCons TV!

Mewway 
Mewway
Reg: 03-11-13

03-11-13 10:50 AM - Post#12134    
    In response to PatrickD

I have worked with Johnny Zamora before and let me tell you the truth. This man started a convention to boost his own ego with Ruronikon. He was not there most of the time and almost all his staff had a breakdown because a top of their work they had to also do the work he was suppose to be taking care of. On top of that Vincent Corrazza one of the voice actors he brought in was never paid his appearance fee and that's just a few problems with that con alone that I can say there were a lot more.
He had taken a large loan from the father of the girl he was staying with and then stabbed her in the back when she got a boyfriend by hurting her emotionally, threatening to kill himself in her house and even stealing one of her possessions she cherished a lot.
Her boyfriend now is actually a really good friend of mine who I like to call big brother and runs his own convention down here where we live. Well Johnny as a means for revenge after we had announced the days for our con he goes and announces another mini event on the Saturday of our con called :DECLARATION! 2013 (Cherry Blossom Festival) and saying that Reuben Langdon is going to be there.
Now the event Todd mentions Chibikon I was there to do a panel because I didn't want to let a friend of mine down since she wanted to make a good impression on Todd and Cherami. The only reason that event even happened since he didn't have the money to pay off the hotel at all was because a local comic book store didn't want people to have wasted their money and time coming to the event for nothing so they bailed him out. I admit I like that the staff and volunteers worked hard to save this event but johnny most of the time was hiding so that the cops wouldn't get him since he is a wanted man.
So please don't ever fall victim to his man. He uses sad stories to get what he wants and then stabs people in the back afterwards. If you can please send Todd's message to other voice actors and people that are popular at conventions as a warning. Because of this man all the conventions in the valley have to apologize for him and are praying that people won't avoid our conventions because of what he did. I also didn't put the names of the people who bailed him out and of my friend's convention because I don't want them to be associated with this man's mistakes anymore.

AllyKatt 

Reg: 01-29-10

03-24-13 11:00 PM - Post#12189    
    In response to Mewway

i've asked reuben langdon to talk to todd before finalizing any plans for that cherry blossom festival.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

01-06-14 01:18 PM - Post#13461    
    In response to PatrickD

...and after RuroniKon 2014 announced a bunch of guests without actually talking to those people or their agents, the con deleted those guests and renamed itself to CON_CERTO. The organizer (Juan M. Lopez/Johnny Zamora) then deleted his own Facebook page and renamed RuroniKon's to "Neko Substitute".

Wow... http://animecons.com/events/info.shtml/4581/CON_CERTO_2014

Avoid his stuff AT ALL COSTS!
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.215 seconds.   Total Queries: 38  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:12 PM