Username Post: I'm doing an anthro, and I have a problem        (Topic#3246)
Menasay 

Loc: United States
Reg: 01-23-14

01-23-14 05:29 AM - Post#13523    

My character has a yukata/kimono on and a tail.. how do I put the tail ON the dress but not have the end showing?

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

01-23-14 04:37 PM - Post#13524    
    In response to Menasay

• Menasay Said:
My character has a yukata/kimono on and a tail.. how do I put the tail ON the dress but not have the end showing?

Can you put a hole in the back of the dress and then have the tail go through that hole and attach to a "butt plate" which hangs from a belt?
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Menasay 

Loc: United States
Reg: 01-23-14

01-23-14 11:48 PM - Post#13528    
    In response to PatrickD

I guess I could try.. can't use a butt plate tho too expensive. I could cut a small hole and use a belt and have it attached to the belt itself.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

01-24-14 02:33 PM - Post#13531    
    In response to Menasay

• Menasay Said:
I guess I could try.. can't use a butt plate tho too expensive. I could cut a small hole and use a belt and have it attached to the belt itself.

By "butt plate", I meant something flat resting against your butt. Cut a 6" square of fabric from the same material as the tail and attach the end of the tail to the center of that. This way when the tail goes through the hole, people won't see YOU on the other side if the tail moves to the side...they'll see that fabric. ...and then you can just attach the top of that square to the back of the belt so that it hangs down.

If you need the tail to stick out instead of hanging straight down, put something a little more solid behind that square of fabric. Then bend a coathanger so that it has a @ shape on one end and the other end sticks out at 90 degrees. Put the @ end between the fabric and the solid material and have the end that's sticking out go into the tail to make the tail stick out.

I've tried finding a photo online, but can't. I'll try to remember to take a picture tonight.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 36  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:15 AM