Username Post: Special Staff Items        (Topic#3258)
Nigoki 
Obsessed with robots
Nigoki
Reg: 02-25-09

02-13-14 11:23 AM - Post#13621    

Most conventions give their staff members a T-shirt as thanks for their hard work and to give them something to identify them as staff, but I'm curious about what kinds other special staff items people have made.

-I've seen Otakon do special pins for 5, 10, etc years of staffing the event.

-One year all Anime Boston staffers were given special water bottles.

-For its tenth year, Anime Boston gave all staff members who had been around since the beginning a photo of everyone who had been on staff that long.

-I just finished organizing and ordering the second run of customized Anime Boston hockey jerseys that were only available to staff (with an exception of one that goes to the charity auction)
Both this run and the one a few years ago were an opt-in thing, and everyone had to pay their own way, but got whatever name and number they wanted on the jersey.
This time around we're doing it a little differently, ordering the jerseys with names and numbers on them from one vendor, and patches for the crest on the front from another. It means getting a bunch of sewing proficient staffers together to apply them a little before the con, but it makes a better final product for much less money. It also gives people the option of just ordering the patch if they don't want the jersey.
The previous time was a sublimated design, which gave more flexibility for color styles of the jersey and insignia, but it doesn't look as sharp as one that's different fabrics like a genuine game-used jersey.

So what are some special things your con has made available to your staff? What's something you'd like to see?
-Doug Wilder
Resident Mecha fanboy of AnimeCons TV!

Movie Phone Guy 
Con Regular
Movie Phone Guy
Loc: Maine
Reg: 01-09-07

02-14-14 04:24 PM - Post#13622    
    In response to Nigoki

As I'm able I've had special badges made for my Tech Crew at PortconMaine. They're different every year. I attached a photo of 2011's.

Attachment: reutechops2011.jpg (72.58 KB) 891 View(s)

PortConMaine TechOps Chair 2006 -2011
PortConMaine Event Support Chair 2012-2015
Owner of a pretty good Alfredo recipe
Sometimes Patrick plays my Voicemails.

daqua4ever 
Attendee

Reg: 05-18-11

02-08-15 01:21 PM - Post#14300    
    In response to Nigoki

At Sabakon, we got our staff basketball-style jerseys with each staffer's name and number of their choice on them. See picture attached.

We also got them some tiny trophies with we got cheap with our regular order of trophies (for competitions) that had the staffer's name and position on them.

Sabakon Jerseys

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.225 seconds.   Total Queries: 36  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:12 AM