Username Post: Starting off right        (Topic#3280)
Volibear 
Attendee

Reg: 04-01-13

03-20-14 03:48 PM - Post#13687    

I am tired of having to deal with cons that don't know what they are doing. I have been staffed by different cons and they all have shown me one thing in common. Communication goes a long way. I don't know where to start really other than i know that there will be lots of money involved and I want to make sure that everything is covered from volunteers to legal team and all. Any one have any tips or advice for someone that really wants to learn?
Con Chair in the making

Nigoki 
Obsessed with robots
Nigoki
Reg: 02-25-09

03-31-14 10:25 AM - Post#13703    
    In response to Volibear

Give yourself at least two years to lay the foundation. Many cons have failed because they wanted to have the event right away and in their eagerness, didn't look at things like fine print for contracts, demographics of the area, and take the time to really get the word out.
-Doug Wilder
Resident Mecha fanboy of AnimeCons TV!

HotelMaven 
Attendee

Loc: US
Reg: 03-21-14

05-07-14 01:48 AM - Post#13816    
    In response to Volibear

Hi, when starting a con, you can't go wrong using a third party hotel sourcer. I have the power and leverage of 4-million hotel rooms behind me that I put that power and leverage to work for you! My services are FREE to use. I negotiate a great concession package with comp rooms and amenities and can create revenue streams for you. Otakon uses my company, Experient, and they are huge! Let me know if you want to have a fact finding call. You are going to book hotel rooms, do it the smart way and maximize your effort at no cost.

Volibear 
Attendee

Reg: 04-01-13

05-07-14 06:45 PM - Post#13819    
    In response to Nigoki

I know what you mean on that actually. There was a failed con that took place near my town and they think they did good. It was a very piss poor convention, if you could even call it that, that only had like 50 people there all day.
Con Chair in the making

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.253 seconds.   Total Queries: 36  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:43 PM