Username Post: More anime guests for the Long Island area        (Topic#3302)
kaiser11492 
Attendee
kaiser11492
Reg: 11-28-12

04-20-14 02:33 PM - Post#13762    

As a paying fan of anime conventions, I would like to see more anime voice actors attend the conventions on and near Long Island, NY.

I believe not enough of them visit the conventions on/near Long Island, making it way more expensive for fans like me to go and meet them.

If anyone has an idea to alleviate this situation, please share it.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

04-20-14 08:00 PM - Post#13763    
    In response to kaiser11492

• kaiser11492 Said:
As a paying fan of anime conventions, I would like to see more anime voice actors attend the conventions on and near Long Island, NY.

I believe not enough of them visit the conventions on/near Long Island, making it way more expensive for fans like me to go and meet them.

If anyone has an idea to alleviate this situation, please share it.

Your best bet is to contact the conventions directly with your suggestions.

When I worked as a Director of Guest Relations for a convention, the most helpful and appreciated suggestions were ones that weren't just a list of names, but actually provided information about the guest. Also, don't send in TOO many suggestions or it's just overwhelming and will likely get ignored. Focus on the most realistic examples.

For example:
  • Example Said:
Dear Director of Guest Relations,

I am planning to attend your convention next year and would like to suggest some guests that I am a big fan of:

John Smith - Voice Actor
John is best known as the voice of Person A in Show B, which is hugely popular right now. He has also played major roles in Show C, Show D, and Person E in Show F. You can find his web site and contact information at http://www.johnsmith.com/

Jane Doe - Voice Actress
Jane also appeared in Show B as Person G. She can also be heard as Person H in Show I, Person J in Show K, and as several characters in Show L. She lives in the Major City, State area, so she'd likely be relatively inexpensive to get to the convention. You can find her web site and contact information on her Facebook page at http://facebook.com/JaneDoe

Thank you for your time. I hope this information is helpful. I'm really looking forward to Convention Name 2015!

Sincerely,
My Name
Hometown, State

-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

VinceA 
Attendee
VinceA
Loc: Bayonne, NJ
Reg: 12-20-06

04-21-14 08:45 AM - Post#13767    
    In response to kaiser11492

Just remember not to contact voice actors on behalf of a con you're onot staff.

Also, keep your eyes on our con's (AnimeNEXT) guest page this week. We're in the middle of an announcement week.

Also, which cons would be on your list to contact. Long Island is a world unto itself at times.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.207 seconds.   Total Queries: 30  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:31 AM