Username Post: 10 Must-Have Cosplay tools from the Hardware Store        (Topic#3353)
Nigoki 
Obsessed with robots
Nigoki
Reg: 02-25-09

08-19-14 03:36 PM - Post#13998    

The Harbor Freight hardware store blog put together a great list of tools that are great to use when making more heavy duty costume pieces
http://blog.harborfreight.com/top-10-must-cosplay-t oolsaccessories-harbor-fr eigh...

Of course, you don't have to get them from Harbor Freight, most hardware stores carry these items.

Here's some stuff that stood out to me

-Woodburner: This is also very handy for making holes in nylon webbing. It melts it instead of rips it, making a nice clean cut.

-Epoxy: Glue's big brother, epoxy has definitely kept some pieces of my costumes attached when glue wouldn't have done the job.

-Rotary tool: Once you learn how to use one, you'll use it all the time. If you have a friend that owns one, ask if they'll let you try it out so you can get the feeling for how it works. I'll almost guarantee you'll want one of your own not long after. Personally, I prefer the corded models to battery operated ones. You don't have to worry about whether or not you have a enough of a charge if you're going to be spending the day using it and an extension cord is a lot cheaper than extra rechargeables.
-Doug Wilder
Resident Mecha fanboy of AnimeCons TV!

Edited by Nigoki on 08-19-14 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.169 seconds.   Total Queries: 31  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:42 AM