Username Post: Steve blum contact issues        (Topic#3364)
wingeddeath243 
Attendee

Loc: Kaukauna, WI
Reg: 09-23-14

09-23-14 07:23 PM - Post#14031    

My local convention is trying to get a hold of steve blum. They've contacted him directly and received emails back stating his excitement to come. He told them to message his agent, which is technically his wife, and they did. Two weeks later they still have no response. I suggested they just shoot steve an email directly and let him know of the issue. I also suggested that they ask other cons how they got in contact with steve. We'd really love to have him as a guest but what are some other options if any? Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Proz 
Con Addict
Proz
Loc: Texas
Reg: 08-08-07

09-25-14 04:04 AM - Post#14032    
    In response to wingeddeath243

We've made contact with Steve before too. He can sometimes take weeks/months to get back in touch.

The rule of thumb with many guests is give them up to 4 weeks to reply back and big guests up to 6 weeks.

He is a high-demand guest and you will need a hefty budget. He won't break the ban in comparison media con guests but don't expect him to come out cheap.
San Japan - San Antonio, Texas - Convention Chairman

wingeddeath243 
Attendee

09-25-14 08:24 AM - Post#14033    
    In response to Proz

Yea he'd pretty much be our only guest to my understanding and I know he's expensive. We tried contacting him months ago and now we're to the point where we'd have to set a deadline in order for him to respond (at least I'd hope). We had sent out emails earlier too and I shot one over to momocon. Turns out he's only allowed to do two con's max per month according to his agent. I've tried to look into everything possible. Is there a way you could message me what his ballpark price would be please? I'd like to know if we should keep pursuing this or if we should look at other alternatives.

wingeddeath243 
Attendee

09-25-14 09:50 AM - Post#14034    

Also in case my email isn't showing up, it's wingeddeath243@yahoo.com

Fuzzy 
Con Regular
Fuzzy
Loc: Orlando
Reg: 12-07-07

09-30-14 09:54 PM - Post#14046    

LOL, Steve isn't married (how do these rumors get started?)

His current agent is actually his ex girlfriend. (other than that, not gonna go into his personal life, don't see why that was even brought up in the first place).

Yup, its not that she doesn't "allow" him to do more than 2 cons a month, its more along the lines of as busy an actor as he is, doing 2 cons a month in addition to the regular work he does is the max strain he wants to deal with. (i actually know of a VA who only does a max of 4 cons a year for pretty much this same reason, he just is always working and cons take him away from work)

He'll be a guest at AUSA this weekend, i'll see if i can confirm current contact info (although if you're contacting Trina, you're pretty much doing the right thing)
True wisdom comes from knowing that you know nothing
-Socrates

Thats US DUDE!!
-Ted 'Theodore' Logan

wingeddeath243 
Attendee

10-06-14 10:59 AM - Post#14053    
    In response to Fuzzy

Ty and sorry about the misinformation. I was told it was his wife. I have no idea how it got started either lol. Anyways sorry about that. And yes. We have been contacting Trina and no response thus far. We've been sending stuff since the beginning of Sept. There was contact directly with Steve around July and serious interest was expressed about our con. There was even discussion of panels and he even asked if he could just walk around and hang with attendees. We're letting him do whatever he wants and we'd be OK with it. After July though, we didn't receive much back and we were told to contact his agent at a later date. Started up in September and haven't seen a thing. Thanks for the help and sorry again about the wife thing.

wingeddeath243 
Attendee

10-24-14 08:31 PM - Post#14094    
    In response to Fuzzy

Just found out steve's contact info completely changed. Trina is no longer in charge of it. Would explain our lack of communication. Finally got an email from her today, 2 months after the fact.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.197 seconds.   Total Queries: 42  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:43 AM