Username Post: First time        (Topic#3385)
Dingaloid 

Loc: Kansas
Reg: 11-03-14

11-03-14 11:03 PM - Post#14117    

Hello, My name is Andrew. This is the first time I have ever used a forum before so yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Getting to the point this next year (2015) I will be attending my first anime convention and would like to ask a few questions from those of you who have more experience. I did want to cosplay, but with this being my first time would you say it would be better not to or go all out on the costume? Second I wanted to cosplay the character "Captain Bravo" from Buso Renkin mainly for 3 reasons. One because I think he looks awesome, 2 I am bald and have a beard and don't want to cosplay a character who has arms the size of tree trunks, doesn't feel right. And 3 I am a very shy person and having my face hidden I think would help with being more outgoing I guess you could say hiding my shyness behind a mask. Also with cosplaying as this characters I would hate for people to think of my as being shady or anything similar. From what I have read ALOT of people who go are very nice, cool, and all around good people. If any of you could share what you think it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Human 

Loc: Tennesee
Reg: 11-10-14

11-10-14 01:01 AM - Post#14134    
    In response to Dingaloid

Yo! you and I are actually very similar from what I read.
I also Cosplay as "Adam" from RWBY for the exact reason for "hiding my shyness behind a mask". It really is very easy (and a WHOLE lot of fun) to engage in just a normal conversation when I'm cosplaying just because on the other side of the grass people that want to take a picture of your costume are taught that, as cosplayers, we're there to get our picture taken which usually leads to a small conversation...bla bla bla, you take it from there.

Don't be afraid to go all out on your costume either. Nobody will make fun of you or criticize you if you don't "look 100% like the character in the show or anything. Unless you ask them for their opionion.

Plus depending on your age/job/income/whatever. My costume ran me about $500 just to ball park. Took about two months to get the details to satisfy my obsessive need to make things perfect. also PLAN AHEAD! I was actually 2 hours late to the con just because i stayed up all night to finish painting the rose on my back (it still isn't done but its good enough)

Side note: just to prove that I do in fact cosplay.
http://cr3sc3ntr0s3.tumblr.com/image/97003922469
(please note this is the only picture I've managed to find and its not the best pose.)

Hope I answered most of your questions, feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

humanfiend@gmail.com

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.354 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:49 PM