Username Post: Artist Alley discount- approve or deny?        (Topic#3427)
KatD 

Loc: Asheville, NC
Reg: 01-05-15

01-31-15 12:08 PM - Post#14294    

This seems like an easy question, but the right answer is alluding me(probably because I hate declining people, honestly.)

Generally, my applications for my AA at the con I coordinate are pretty straight forward, but today I received an applicant who wants to sell home made nail polish and beauty items. I have already gone over the FDA requirements for selling such items, but in the event that she has all the correct labeling I still feel this should be a dealer table instead of an AA table. Has anyone else approved these items in their AA before?

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

02-02-15 02:14 PM - Post#14295    
    In response to KatD

• KatD Said:
I have already gone over the FDA requirements for selling such items, but in the event that she has all the correct labeling I still feel this should be a dealer table instead of an AA table. Has anyone else approved these items in their AA before?

There's sometimes a fine line to walk between dealer table and artist table. One rule of thumb I've heard some cons use is "Can it be made in person at the table?" Obviously hand-drawn art can. Buttons could be. Prints or laminations might not be...but since the original can be made at the table and prints are just additional copies of that, it's allowed. T-shirts do not qualify and should go in dealers' room.

Could she make her own nail polish at the table? I don't know. Not sure how that's done...but if it involves boiling on a stove, then it's out. If she could make a custom color for a commission right there, then it fits.

...and I know you already looked up the regulations, but for anyone else that needs them:
http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ResourcesFo rYou/Industry/ucm388736.htm
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.234 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:00 PM