Username Post: More Information on Performing at Cons        (Topic#3549)
Fullmetal Geisha 

Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 01-21-16

01-21-16 11:05 AM - Post#14803    

Hello, All! I am the manager a lead vocalist for a band called Otaku Acoustic. I want to expand the band's reach outside of Texas and I would like a few suggestions.

Here are the basics about the band:
1. The band is spear-headed by myself and my husband, guitarist, Roger.
2. The band has been around since 2012.
3. We're based in Houston, TX.
4. I have been to Japan to participate in an "American Idol" type competition, but unfortunately, nothing came of it for me or the band.
5. We have the ability to go electric.
6. We may go through a name change soon.
7. We are not just limited to anime songs. We cover gaming, comic book, Saturday Morning cartoons, etc.
8. We will start writing originals.

The issues we're facing:
1. I want to know if being acoustic may hurt us (ie, will we not be taken seriously).
2. I try to make sure our band maintains a good rapport with each convention we attend, but I am ignorant of the relationships that exist between other cons. Do cons send word to other cons about each other's guests/performers? Forgive me for being paranoid, but I want to know if our performance is subpar so that we can correct it for future performances.
3. What additional actions to I need to take to get on the radar of conventions outside of Texas?
4. We don't charge fees. We just ask that the basics be covered: hotel, travel, and food. Should I start setting a price list in order to be taken seriously?

I apologize if this is lengthy, but I just need some insight. If you want to see what we're all about, go to www.otakuacoustic.com and check us out. Send me your critiques. Thanks.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.125 seconds.   Total Queries: 31  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:43 PM