Article by PatrickD    (02-21-16 06:48 AM)
YourMiniCon cancelled six conventions. We discovered this morning that the YourMiniCon events in Nevada, Colorado, Ohio, and Louisiana have been removed from the YourMiniCon web site. This leaves Connecticut (which took place in January) and Maine as the only remaining events.

No formal announcement has been posted on the YourMiniCon web site, Twitter, or Facebook page. The only mention of any cancellation was in a Twitter reply on February 10th. In the reply, the organizers state "YMCLV [YourMiniCon Las Vegas] has been cancelled due to lack of booth and ticket sales."

Since January, YourMiniCon has now cancelled 10 out of 12 announced events. According to a February 2nd Facebook post, some people were still waiting for refunds from the cancelled Wisconsin event and YourMiniCon was "amping up our Nevada and Maine sales to try to cover everything."

YourMiniCon has been heavily promoting its Maine event with at least one Facebook post per day promoting a guest appearance.

Username Comments
PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

02-21-16 07:02 AM - Post#14868    
    In response to PatrickD

Wow, talk about biting off more than you could chew... Ambitious plans to put cons in 12 (or more) states across the country. Now they've got 2 left.

They're based in Connecticut, so I expect the Maine one to take place. They're certainly trying to promote it heavily on Facebook (to the few people that follow their page). My guess is that they need the Maine one to happen and bring in money so they can cover expenses of all the cancellations. ...but will the Maine event bring in enough money to cover their expenses there? I guess time will tell.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.18 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:41 PM