Username Post: Finding Event Business Consultant/Accountant        (Topic#3618)
Eat The Rude 
Attendee

Loc: Altamonte Springs, Florid...
Reg: 05-07-16

09-18-16 04:07 PM - Post#15179    

As a member of the organizing committee for a fan convention to be held in Toronto in October 2017, it is my task to find EVENT/CONVENTION business consulting, accounting and tax planning for our event.

Are there firms out there who specialize in helping first year convention organizers in dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's so we are in compliance with tax rules and handling of money?

A member of the committee suggested we incorporate in Canada to protect ourselves as individuals. OK...that sounds reasonable.

Business-wise and Legal-wise we are flying by the seat of our pants here and needs some sound advice, direction and steps to follow to be above board and legal.

Eat The Rude 
Attendee

Loc: Altamonte Springs, Florid...
Reg: 05-07-16

11-01-16 08:24 AM - Post#15225    
    In response to Eat The Rude

Well...since posting that question, I have consulted with a small business/entertainment attorney, found an accountant and an insurance agency who works with people who need liability insurance, event insurance, D&O insurance, etc.

What we are facing now is making the choice to become a non-profit 501c7 social club or for-profit llc. There are advantages and pitfalls for both choices.

I'm hoping someone here with experience facing this type of "incorporating" choice can share your story and what you ultimately did.

I may just start another thread all together about incorporating.

Thank you for any advice you can share.

Edited by Eat The Rude on 11-01-16 08:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.117 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:27 AM