Username Post: JANICON 2008 CANCELLED        (Topic#913)
FLORIDASUPERCON 
Attendee

Reg: 03-02-07

11-04-08 03:39 AM - Post#3161    

Just posted on the Janicon website
------------------------- -----
It's with a heavy heart that we are now announcing the cancellation of JaniCon 2008. Due to the violent downturn of the economy over the past few months, JaniCon's resources have all quickly disappeared.

For those who have been working with and helping to promote JaniCon, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This was a sudden, unavoidable turn that we would give absolutely anything to find some way around.

We understand that a number of people have, at this point, preregistered for JaniCon. Please do not e-mail us about refunds at this time. Everyone's information is with us and we will be issuing refunds in a timely fashion. Everyone who registered online will be able be receiving a letter in the mail by November 20, 2008. All mailed in registrations will also receive a letter in the mail by November 20, 2008 as well. Everyone who purchased tickets at another convention will also be included in this mailing. If you purchased your tickets at an off-site location please return there for a refund.

To everyone, we sincerely apologize.

Information will continue to be posted as it becomes available.

FLORIDASUPERCON 
Attendee

Reg: 03-02-07

11-04-08 03:39 AM - Post#3162    
    In response to FLORIDASUPERCON

To everyone who was planning to go to Janicon.

It is unfortunate to hear about this turn of events. I hope that everyone is taken care of in a timely manner by Janicon management.

That being said... i'd like to extend a courtesy to everyone affected by this situation.

We are hosting Atlanta Supercon the same weekend, in Atlanta, GA - which is about 5 hours north of Jacksonville. I know it's a bit of a trip, so anyone who has a pre-registered ticket to Janicon can register for Atlanta Supercon for $1... that's right.... $1. I hate to even charge you that, but we have to charge something for the ticket agency (Eventbrite charges us 99 cents per transaction).

If you have pre-registered for Janicon, please email me at mike@atlantasupercon.com or private message me and i'll tell you what to do to get the special $1 ticket. Check out www.atlantasupercon.com to see who we've got coming to the show. The guest list is amazing, and IMHO we put on a heck of a show. Just asking anyone who's been to one of our previous events.

I hope you can come join us in Atlanta... and I wish the best of luck to everyone affected by this situation.

Thank you,
Mike Broder
Supercon Conventions

Drorain 
Con Addict
Drorain
Loc: Massachusetts
Reg: 01-18-07

11-06-08 08:35 AM - Post#3165    
    In response to FLORIDASUPERCON

Wow thats an amazing pickup, cheers to Atlanta Supercon for that, I think a weekend trip is worth a 5 hour drive, people flying in should be able to reroute their flights too. Good luck to the staff of both conventions
I'ma Designer! PowderKeg Graphic Design
I'ma Blogger too! Holy Carp!

JaniCon 

Reg: 11-11-08

11-11-08 10:40 AM - Post#3173    
    In response to Drorain

JaniCon's not dead yet! In fact, JaniCon has merged with Tri-County Comic Con to form the one of the most powerful forces the convention world has ever seen!

As of this moment, JaniCon will be shifting all of its resources to a dual anime/comic convention in Orlando the weekend of November 21-23rd. This merger will result in the combination of two of the largest rising events in conventions today. JaniCon will be bringing its best events to Orlando, includng a Cosplay/Costume contest, a memorable AMV contest, the “Limit Break” video game electronica dance, and several other events brought to you by Team Avalanche that are sure not to dissapoint.

If you have preregistered for JaniCon already, feel free to bring your information to Tri-County Comic Con/JaniCon in Orlando for a full weekend pass. If our new Orlando event isn’t quite in your reach, don’t worry: Check our previous post for several options (www.janicon.org).

Stay tuned to our site for the schedule of “Tri County JaniCon”, including the new anime track! For more information, feel free to check out http://www.tricountycomiccon.com/Home_Page.html.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.152 seconds.   Total Queries: 33  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:21 AM