Article by PatrickD    (01-21-07 12:36 AM)
Kami Kon, a convention in Nashua, NH that was announced just a little over a month ago, has been cancelled. The cancellation notice was posted on the Kami Kon forums and reads as follows:
Kami Kon is being cancelled due to insufficient funds and personal issues. All money coming in (that hasnt been recieved yet) will be sent back as soon as it arrives, unopened. All payments recieved currently have been VOIDed were mailed back out this morning. If you have any questions please contact me at christina@kami-kon.com.

The cancellation comes after significant speculation by members of Kami Kon's forums (and other forums) whom were concerned about the short, two-month timeframe in which the convention was being organized. Concerned about the lack of publicity and announcements, people had been posting to the Kami Kon forums looking for more information. Today, all those posts were wiped and replaced by the cancellation announcement.

This is the third convention to be cancelled or postponed in the last week, following the cancellation of AnikiCon and Llamacon's postponement.

-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Username Comments
rednecko 
Con Regular

Loc: Rednecksville, USA
Reg: 01-02-07

01-21-07 09:39 AM - Post#367    
    In response to PatrickD

This doesn't surprise me. It takes deep pockets and a willingness to plan for a year plus to get a convention off of the ground. YOu also have to promote the convention. Nothing that this group of young people could get. I hope this doesn't hurt Another Anime con, which is also in New Hampshire.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

01-21-07 12:10 PM - Post#368    
    In response to rednecko

• rednecko Said:
I hope this doesn't hurt Another Anime con, which is also in New Hampshire.

I doubt it will. Kami Kon appears to have done very little promotion (if any), so I don't think people will confuse the two at all...even if AAC is using the same hotel Kami Kon had planned to.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

A Gigantic Panda 
Attendee
A Gigantic Panda
Loc: Destroying Tokyo, Japan
Reg: 01-03-07

01-21-07 02:33 PM - Post#369    
    In response to PatrickD

You'd be surprised how much "young people" could get done. Though if you think about it, the main reasons to have a year prep, is getting guests and allowing promos and word of mouth to spread for a first year con. I would think that if a lot of people were really determined, you could get a con off the ground in two months. (Though you would have to have ALL your people there willing to help promote, and a little luck with getting guests.) Though I would prefer six months! It just didn't seem to happen becuase of the lack of people dedicated to the cause of starting the convention.
- AGiganticPanda

AB '03/'04/'05-Security
Portcon '06-Security
Portcon '07-Security/Presentation Graphic Designer

What if all the wor ld's in side of your hea d
just cre a tions of your own.

zcat68 
Con Regular
zcat68
Loc: Tiverton, RI
Reg: 01-18-07

01-22-07 09:00 PM - Post#391    
    In response to A Gigantic Panda

Yeah, I mean the first time I heard about them is now that I've heard that they cancelled, it's a shame, cause really New England is the ideal geography for Cons, since everything is so close (realatively, we're not driving from one side of Texas to the other here)

Neko-014 

Reg: 02-15-07

02-15-07 10:05 PM - Post#655    
    In response to PatrickD

HIYA noobi here!! ^-^ u can pay at the door right?

Kimichou 
Attendee
Kimichou
Loc: PA
Reg: 01-28-07

02-15-07 10:22 PM - Post#656    
    In response to Neko-014

• Neko-014 Said:
HIYA noobi here!! ^-^ u can pay at the door right?

If you're referring to Kamikon, its cancelled.
~~Shikkaricon Con Chair/Founder~~
Otakon, AnimeNext, Takii Staff

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.173 seconds.   Total Queries: 36  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:18 PM