Username Post: ShinkouCon        (Topic#2986)
kaiser11492 
Attendee
kaiser11492
Reg: 11-28-12

10-10-13 07:12 PM - Post#12923    

just wanted people to know a new convention called ShinkouCon is going to start in New Jersey. the convention needs as much support it can get so please spread the word.

here's the link to the convention's fan page

https://www.facebook.com/Shinkoucon

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

10-11-13 01:20 AM - Post#12924    
    In response to kaiser11492

A con in NJ in one of AnimeNext's old venues just a few weeks after that con? Probably not the best timing.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

kaiser11492 
Attendee
kaiser11492

11-03-13 07:36 PM - Post#13024    
    In response to PatrickD

I'm sorry, but can you see the future? How exactly can you know whether a convention that has yet to occur will either fail or succeed?

I believe this convention will overall succeed. The people who started this convention wouldn't have chosen the location if it wasn't an ideal place to begin with.

On a personal note, I get the feeling you are skeptical about newly starting conventions. As someone who has worked with conventions, I find your lack of encouragement disappointing.

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

11-03-13 08:51 PM - Post#13025    

• kaiser11492 Said:
I'm sorry, but can you see the future? How exactly can you know whether a convention that has yet to occur will either fail or succeed?

I believe this convention will overall succeed. The people who started this convention wouldn't have chosen the location if it wasn't an ideal place to begin with.

On a personal note, I get the feeling you are skeptical about newly starting conventions. As someone who has worked with conventions, I find your lack of encouragement disappointing.

I never said it would fail, so please don't put words in my mouth or assume that I am hoping that it will fail for some reason. That is not what I said or what I want to see.

I hope that it is a successful con, but was merely pointing out that it's probably not the best idea to have scheduled a new convention to take place just 3 weeks after a long-running and successful convention in a location so close that the other convention used to be located there. When conventions are so close together and less than a month apart, the newer convention tends to suffer since the typical anime con attendee (kids without a lot of income) tend not to be able to attend two conventions in the same month.

No, I can't see the future, but I've seen history and have seen this happen before.

Again, I really and truly wish the convention the best of luck. They'll need it since that's a fairly significant obstacle they will have to overcome.
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

VinceA 
Attendee
VinceA
Loc: Bayonne, NJ
Reg: 12-20-06

03-18-14 03:31 PM - Post#13683    
    In response to PatrickD

ShinkouCon has pushed from 2014 to 2015 on about the same weekend.

kaiser11492 
Attendee
kaiser11492

04-21-14 01:47 AM - Post#13766    

Just like to let everyone know I just talked to the people running Shinkoucon and they say they really need sponsorship and money. So please spread the word if you can or offer some support for starting the convention. Thanks

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.137 seconds.   Total Queries: 35  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:06 PM